Thursday, November 15, 2012

Martha or Mary?

This time of year ALWAYS gets to be SUCH a stressful time!  With all the preparations for the holidays - not only Thanksgiving - but Christmas in particular - I always find myself overly tired, crabby and frustrated!  WHY???  This is the time of year that I should be ENJOYING not only my precious husband and babies, but all that God has given to me and blessed me with!  I am reminded quickly of the story of Martha and Mary:

Luke 10:38-42
New International Version (NIV)
At the Home of Martha and Mary

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named
Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the
Lord’s feet listening to what he said.
40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made.
She came to him and asked, “Lord,
don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself?
Tell her to help me!”  41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried
and upset about many things, 42 but few things are  needed—or indeed only one.
[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

   So I challenge EACH of you to do this!  Think about all that you HAVE and have been BLESSED with!  Who cares if every decoration doesn't get put up this year - who cares if you forget the olives for supper - embrace your family and those you love - THAT is what this time of year is for!  And above all - PRAISE THE LORD FOR HE IS GOOD:)!!!
 
 I'm choosing to be a Mary this year and all the years to follow - what about you?

Holly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment