Thursday, November 29, 2012

Colossians 3:12-14

  LOVE LOVE LOVE this verse - and was JUST introduced to it again!!!

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy, and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put love, which binds them all together, in perfect unity." - Colossians 3:12-14

NOW I have heard the verse before indeed - but hear THIS story:

I have a SWEET DEAR Bible study friend/mentor named Tammie, and she is just the most AMAZING Christian wife, mother, friend, EVERYTHING!!  She is the most knowledgeable, faith based woman I probably know!  She lives and breathes what she says and always "walks the walk!"  I SO wish some day to be like her!  Anyways, she now likes to give  a little "talk" at bridal showers.  She uses the above verse as her basis and talks to the bride about how she picked out her dress, why she chose it, what else she might be wearing that day and really asks the bride to be a lot of questions about her wedding day attire.  Then Tammie makes reference to this verse, how we are to "clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience," just like the verse says.   We are to wear these clothes DAILY with our husband!  Now I was SO impressed with the idea of this talk - but look what Tammie did - she went ONE step further!  She felt that after being married 20 year+ (help me here, Tammie:))  that she didn't know if she still did this for her husband and felt she should.  LOOK AT THIS :


She used the words from this verse and sewed the words together, connecting them on her dresser drawers to serve as a reminder for her to each day as she is getting dressed to follow what God is asking her to do!! 

Here is  a closer view of each drawer - I absolutely LOVE this and play on making a version for myself to help remind me DAILY to put on these clothes for my husband, too:)!!


I absolutely LOVE this idea - not only does it serve as a great reminder each day of the women that we are meant to be - but it's one more thing that we can do to help us draw closer to our Lord!!

Make your own - I challenge YOU to "clothe yourselves" with the words!
Holly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment