Sunday, November 11, 2012

Projects, Projects, Projects....

While I was searching the web for blog ideas, I came across a blog called I am  The Real Housewife  - I LOVE HER:)!!  She has so many great ideas on there - and I stole this one from her!!!

She called it the "Memory Verse" Plate, and the idea is to memorize a verse from the Bible each week, or every other week, whatever will work for your family!  I found this plate shopping with some beautiful girlfriends yesterday, so I decided to use it - $1 at a Thrift Store - LOVE IT:)!  My older son always has some trouble falling asleep on Sunday nights.  The anticipation of school, what is going to happen this week, etc... so this was a PERFECT verse for us!  After it's up for a week or two, I am going to type the verse and tape it on the inside of my cupboard.  I will continue to do this week after week - this will give us a visual reminder of not only the work we have done memorizing these, but the TIME WE HAVE SPENT IN GOD'S WORD:)!! That is what it's about!  My boys are at the perfect age to do this, too - I am looking forward to what is will bring spiritually, and how it will do in our family!
     One other thing I was reminded of is the hand turkeys!  YOU MUST DO THESE WITH YOUR BABIES:)!!!  I did these a while ago now - maybe 4-5 years ago but I put them up EVERY year!  Color the palm of your baby's hand brown, and each finger a different color - then add the eyes and the beak of the turkey afterwards!


I LOVE THEM:)  They are such a precious reminder of how little those hands once were, but also reminds me to be thankful for all that I have - especially these two precious boys;)!

Last but not least - we DID make it to The Vintage Carnival!  The weather almost kept us away - but SO glad that I went.  Two precious friends came with - and we found some treasures (JUNK:))  LOOK AT THIS STUFF IN MY BASEMENT!!!

  I have SUCH great ideas to go with these but NOTHING DONE!  Maybe one of these days I will get started on the "project" list and create, create, create -----the list is long - I also have piles of photos that need to be scrapped:)!!  OH what joy I have in being a wife and mother!


Blessing To You and Happy Sunday night
Holly:)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment